Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2 Days in the Dirt
Been taking it easy for the last week or so nursing a sore knee. I didn't ride at all Friday and Saturday. Sunday I woke up early and drove to Keith's for the carpool to Monty Bell. The plan was a big ride hitting all that Monty Bell had to offer.

We arrived right on time meeting the large group of eager-to-ride bad asses. We hit the trail at a good clip. After a little warm up on the red and blue, we headed over to the hard stuff in the yellow and green throwing in the goat path for good measure. After a couple hours we regrouped in the parking lot and several of us decided to call it a day in favor of food!

Monday the plan was to pick up J5 and head to Lock 4 for a few laps. On the way to pick him up I texted Super D(aka Dustin the Pro or DtheP) and pretty much invited myself & Thad over to try out his trail we've heard so much about. I talked over the new plan with Thad, over some horse droppings, and after a few shovels full of poo and some food for his horses we hit the road.

Dustin's trail did not disappoint! It was 4 good miles of trail with a ton of jumps, skinny's, drops, rocks, roots, nearly impossible climbs, and some tight corners. I think I even saw a teeter totter in there somewhere...seriously. We rode the first lap without stopping to play much. Riding it on a single speed really works you over. We rode it again stopping to play a little more on the obstacles and take a few pics. The 3rd and final lap was a long one stopping to flat out session some of the obstacles in the way. I even stood in a sink hole with a snake while Dustin jumped over me. After the 3rd lap we decided to call it a day and get some vittles at the local KFC/Taco Bell.

Photo Cred to Thadieus J5 Hoffman. He took the lions share of photo's yesterday and I just stole them all from his blog....found HERE




































We arrived back at the farm and I noticed some missed calls on my phone. I checked my messages and received news of the Moots. It's ready to ship! On the way home I made a call to Moots Headquarters in Steamboat Springs, Co, and after speaking with Jon I found out that I would have my new, super sweet, hand built, double pass welded, bead blasted, lifetime warrantied , straight gauge 3al/2.5v Titanium 29er Mooto X w/Sliders by Friday, just in time for the first XC race of the year Chickasaw Trace Columbia, Tn. I knew we were getting close as last week we were sent multi-page 2 year contracts and bio's to be filled out, signed and sent back.

Guess I need a new blog titile.

Adam

No comments: